Language and Other ASU Technology Resources
SILC Learning Support Services provides support for and access to technology resources for language learning.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask the student workers at the window in DH 66 or email us at email@example.com.
- Computer classrooms for students in SILC courses.
- students are free to use any of the resources that are in the classrooms, for individual or group work, any time that they are not being used for a class. Check the room calendars for availability.
- Printing for students in SILC courses.
- Access to keyboard layouts and input methods and for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Russian, Armenian, Persian, and Hebrew.
- Digital storytelling and Podcast tools, including cameras, audio recorders, and software to create video materials.
- Headsets with microphones at each computer in the classrooms.
- Access to large screens and other tools that enable group work and collaboration.
- Antidote HD - a monolingual French spelling and grammar checker with extensive dictionaries and grammatical explanations. Required for French composition courses at the 300-level and above.
- Streamed media for use in courses on culture, literature, language and film.
- Checkout Flatbed scanners for use in the LSS rooms.
ASU also provides access many (free) tools that can be used for language learning (and other classes, of course).
- Microsoft Office 365
- Screencast-O-Matic - (screen recorder)
- ASU Zoom Website - For Students
- Adobe Creative Cloud - ASU students can access Adobe Creative Cloud for free by requesting access.
ASU Outdoor Wifi Availability