SILC Learning Support Services provides support for and access to technology resources for language learning. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-965-3881, if you have any questions.
- Computer classrooms for students in SILC courses.
- Students are free to use any of the resources that are in the classrooms, for individual or group work, any time that they are not being used for a class.
Check the room calendars for availability
- Printing for students in SILC courses.
- Access to keyboard layouts and input methods and for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Russian, Armenian, Persian and Hebrew.
- Digital storytelling and podcast tools, including cameras, audio recorders and software to create video materials.
- Headsets with microphones at each computer in the classrooms.
- Access to large screens and other tools that enable group work and collaboration.
- Antidote HD: a monolingual French spelling and grammar checker with extensive dictionaries and grammatical explanations. Required for French composition courses at the 300-level and above.
- Streamed media for use in courses on culture, literature, language and film.
- Checkout flatbed scanners for use in the LSS rooms.
ASU provides access to many tools that can be used for language learning — and other classes, too — at no additional cost.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Screencast-O-Matic (screen recorder)
- ASU Zoom website - For Students
- Adobe Creative Cloud - ASU students can access Adobe Creative Cloud for free by requesting access.
ASU outdoor Wifi availability