Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
The School of International Letters & Cultures (SILC) at Arizona State University (Tempe Campus) invites applications for Faculty Associates to teach lower division courses online and/or on-campus, prepare class materials, evaluate student work, and hold office hours to assist students for the 2020 -21 academic year in the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Ancient Greek, Hebrew, Hindi-Urdu, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Faculty Associate positions are one semester appointments, part-time, non-benefits eligible with no tenure implications.
Anticipated start date is Fall 2020, Spring 2021, or Summer 2021.
• Master’s degree in appropriate discipline by time of appointment
• Native/near-native fluency in the respective language
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness in related curriculum
• Relevant post-secondary teaching experience
• Terminal degree in appropriate discipline by time of appointment
• Demonstrated success meeting the needs of diverse student populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities
Candidates must submit application materials online at Interfolio http://apply.interfolio.com/77411. Initial review of applications will begin August 5, 2020 and continue on the 15th and 30th in subsequent months throughout the academic year as needed until the search is closed. Only electronic materials will be accepted. All applications must include the following:
• Cover letter of application
• Current curriculum vitae (CV)
• Recent teaching evaluations or a letter written by a supervisor confirming teaching evaluations
• Information for three professional references (their position, title, e-mail, and phone number).
Faculty Associate vacancy announcements will be posted on an annual basis. Applicants who are not hired within the current academic year are welcome to re-apply (applications do not roll forward from the previous pool recruitment).
A background check is required prior to employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.