How To Access Tutoring:
SILC Learning Support Services provides tutoring sessions for the school's various language programs.
Tutoring takes place online, via Zoom.
Note: Learning Support Services does not hire or coordinate tutoring services outside of the School of International Languages and Cultures, nor does it make referrals to tutors or students not employed by Learning Support Services. Please contact SILC's main office at 480-965-6281 for information regarding tutoring other than that which has been arranged for by Learning Support Services.
Who can receive tutoring? Tutoring is open to anyone who is currently enrolled in a SILC language course or who completed a SILC language course during the previous semester.
How do you get tutoring?
- Click here to schedule an appointment.
- Note: We use TimeTap for scheduling appointments.
- Appointments (Online Only):
How long is each tutoring session? Tutoring sessions can be scheduled for as short as 5 minutes or as long as 45 minutes.
What can the tutor go over with me?
- Provide help with grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and sentences structure.
- Review graded assignments and exams with you, to help you better understand the material.
- Conversation practice
What can the tutor not help me with?
- Cannot edit or critique your papers.
- They do not take the place of meeting with your teacher.
How much does it cost? It's FREE
Is there tutoring available for the summer?
What languages are available?
|ASL - (Not currently available. Tutor needed.)||Japanese|
|BCS - (Not currently available. Tutor needed.)||Korean - (Not currently available. Tutor needed.)|
If you have any questions, please contact us at:
email@example.com or call us at 480-965-3881
Learning Support Services (LSS) within the School of International Letters and Cultures is looking for Tutors to tutor language-learning students. We are looking for tutors who are reliable and dependable and are willing to help students enrolled in various language courses improve their understanding of the material being presented to them.
Language Tutors Needed - For Spring 2021:
- American Sign Language
So, what’s in it for YOU? This position is great for building your resume in instruction, communications, leadership, and showing you’ve worked for a highly-regarded service unit at ASU.
- For further information, and to apply, go to SILC LSS Tutor Description
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge, should clearly state which language you are applying to, and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position. Please also include the following:
- A cover letter in one of the targeted languages and English.
- A minimum of ONE recommendation from a targeted language instructor at ASU (instructor should also be listed as one of your three references).
- Copy of a corrected exam.
- Copy of an unofficial transcript showing current enrollment, completion and grade requirements.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.