International Friendly Soccer Tournament
Deadline to Register: March 23 at 11:59am
EVENT: April 06, 2017 from 3-7pm at ASU Soccer Stadium
Rules to becoming a team:
- Teams must be Co-ed
- Teams must have at least 5 players, no more than 8
- Teams should represent at country or region
- players must be an ASU student, faculty or staff
- Players DO NOT have to be from the School of International Letters and Cultures (SILC)
- Players must wear shinguards
If you have any questions, Contact Murphy McGary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-965-4674
Official Rules for the SILC Cup Soccer Tournament
- Teams are co-ed and consist of 5 players
- at least one female and one male player for each team must be on the field at all times during play
- All games are 5 players vs 5 players- no goalies
- Each game will be 15 minutes long
- Every player must wear shin guards. Team members not wearing shin guards will not be permitted onto the playing field during the game
- Kick-ins, as opposed to throw-ins will be used when the ball goes out of play
- When a team scores, the opposing team will take the ball out from behind their own net to restart play
- Winner gets 3 points and loser will receive 0 points
- In group play if a game ends with a tie, each team will be awarded 1 point.
- Goal differential will be the tie breaker to see who advances in the group stages to the knockout rounds
- In the event that everything is tied between two teams, each team will have a member kick the ball from half field into the empty pug goal, until a team misses and the other makes. Each member must try once before a player can kick twice
- If game ends with a tie in knock- out rounds, the teams will play sudden death, “next goal wins” to advance.
- The team at the end of the group stages with the most points will receive a 2 round bye, putting them into the semi-finals. The team with the second highest point total will receive a 1 round bye putting them into the quarter-finals.
- The top 2 teams from each group will advance, and a third team from any group with the highest point total will also advance. The 12 teams with highest point total after the group stage games advance to the knockout round.
- All tie breakers go head to head in an event of a three-way tie, then goal differential, if still tied after that, half way kicks.