Due to a low number of registrations, we have decided to cancel this year's SILC Cup soccer tournament. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
International Friendly Soccer Tournament
- WHERE: Sun Devil Fitness Complex East Field
- WHEN: Friday, April 1st, 2022, 3-7pm
- WHO: All the language organizations and Clubs at ASU. Each team will represent its own language club and organization.
- REGISTRATION: $10.00 per team. Deadline to register: March 25th, 2022.
- CONTACT: Enrico Minardi email@example.com
- JERSEY: Each team should pick up a jersey, or at least the same colored t-shirt.
- REFRESHMENTS: SILC will provide players with refreshments and drinks.
- PRIZES: The tournament’s winner will receive the SILC Cup, which will allow to keep for one year.
Official Rules for the SILC Cup Soccer Tournament
- Teams are co-ed and consist of 5 players
- At least one female and one male player for each team must be on the field at all times during the game.
- All games are 5 players vs 5 players- no goalies
- Each game will be 15 minutes long
- Every player must wear shin guards. Team members not wearing shin guards will not be permitted onto the playing field during the game
- Kick-ins, as opposed to throw-ins, will be used when the ball goes out of play
- When a team scores, the opposing team will take the ball out from behind their own net to restart play
- The winner gets 3 points and the loser will receive 0 points
- In the Group Stage: if a game ends with a tie, each team will be awarded 1 point.
- Goal differential will be the tiebreaker to see who advances in the group stages to the knock-out rounds
- In the event that everything is tied between two teams, each team will have a member kick the ball from the half field into the empty pug goal, until a team misses and the other makes. Each member must try once before a player can kick twice
- If the game ends with tie-in knock-out rounds, the teams will play sudden death, “next goal wins” to advance. Only 5 minutes overtime allowed before applying rule #11 in knockout stages as well.
- The team at the end of the group stages with the most points will receive a 2nd round bye, putting them into the semi-finals. The team with the second-highest point total will receive a 1 round bye putting them into the quarter-finals.
- The top 2 teams from each group will advance, and a third-team from any group with the highest point total will also advance. The 12 teams with the highest point total after the group stage games advance to the knockout round.
- All tiebreakers go head to head in an event of a three-way tie, then goal differential, if still tied after that, halfway kicks.
- No slide tackles
- Keeper always outside the box
- Substitutes on dead balls as many as you want
- Score reported by the referee
- Any score disputes, contact tournament committee
CHEERLEADING: Cheerleaders are warmly invited to support their own teams with banderoles etc.